We are currently looking to recruit a tennis coach, working flexibly to run some of our group coaching courses and deliver 1-2-1 coaching to our members.
Reporting to our Racquets Manager, this role will have a number of key elements, such as:
- Delivering contracted junior and adult group coaching tennis sessions each week.
- Helping to further develop the tennis programme at the Club, including the Performance Programme for juniors.
- Helping to develop, scheduling, and promote tennis events for the members, and supporting delivery of these events.
- Building strong relationships with members.
- Offering/delivering high quality 1-2-1 coaching to members.
- Maintaining high levels of customer care at all times with all member groups.
- Ensuring good safeguarding practices are followed at all times.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to LTA level 3 (Or PTR, RPT, USPTA equivalent) with a current coach licence.
- They can play to a good standard. E.g. senior county player / former junior national / LTA rated 6.1 or higher, etc.
- Ability and desire to coach both juniors and adults.
- The technical ability needed to identify strengths/weaknesses and develop an individual’s skills.
- The interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with members, showing interest in the development of their tennis game (and their children’s games).
- Enthusiasm on court; energy and resilience.
- Good organisational skills.
- A professional and healthy image.
- A passion to create a great tennis learning environment.
- Be living locally or have the desire to settle locally.
- A referee qualification and good IT skills would also be beneficial.
Salary & Benefits
We invest in our staff team, offering regular training, the opportunity to improve key skills and to contribute to the development of each department.
The precise contractual arrangements and salary/benefits package will depend on the hours that can be offered by the individual candidate. The position could potentially be salaried, but equally may be offered on a contract basis.
For our salaried staff, we operate a bonus scheme and a contributory pension scheme. Holidays are initially a pro-rata 30 days (including bank holidays), rising with length of service. Free Club membership is included with this position, and discounted membership for family (after probation period).
Club Towers is a premium health & racquets club located in Bedford, offering our members a wide range of excellent facilities including a high-class gym, three studios, tennis, squash, treatment rooms, swimming pool and spa. Since opening in 2017, we have been highly successful, building a large membership base, and now operating a waiting list for new members.
We have three permanent indoor courts, and four outdoor courts which are under a dome in the winter months. Our members expect high levels of customer service from our staff team and hence we look to recruit people who are capable of interacting positively with our members to ensure they are well looked after.
How to Apply
Please send in your c.v. to [email protected], together with a covering email stating why you are applying for this position, and what attributes you think you would bring to the role and the Club.