We are looking to recruit an exceptional Lead Tennis coach to be responsible to the Racquets Manager to develop a new tennis program. This is a unique opportunity to help set up development and performance tennis programmes in a first class environment, and hence we are looking for the very best candidates.
Towers Health and Racquets Club is a brand new facility currently being built in Bedford, and due to open in March 2017. The club will be a high-end facility and we plan to make it the leading health club and racquets facility in Bedfordshire.
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Contracted terms: 20 hours per week
Salary: £24K pro rata. (Additional private coaching and potential OTE of 35-40K)
- Flexible working hours
- Club Towers’ commitment to training & development
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounted club membership rates for immediate family
- 30-33 vacation days (including bank holidays)
- 3% matched pension contribution
Reporting to the Racquets Manager the role will have a number of key elements, which are:
- Delivering a minimum of 15 contracted junior and adult tennis sessions per week and acting as the lead coach, setting the standard for coaching throughout the club and promoting excellence at all times. An additional 5 hours contracted admin time per week will make this a 20 hour post.
- Planning and implementing a tennis program that is renowned as the best in Bedford.
- Developing, scheduling, and promoting tennis events for the members.
- Ensuring cancellations of sessions are kept well below the industry standard through excellent staff rostering and staff management.
- Ensuring the program works within governing body specifications; mini tennis, junior tennis, adult tennis, fast4.
- Maintaining high levels of customer care at all times with all user groups.
- Monitoring member satisfaction with classes and instructors.
- Contributing to the overall member experience; helping to promote the Club’s ethos and effectively “sell” the club to potential and existing members.
Candidates must have a proven track record of coaching within a strong club background and in a schools program. They must also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to LTA level 3 (Or PTR, RPT, USPTA equivalent) with a current coach licence.
- Ability to develop local schools links
- Good team working skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team as the program grows.
- IT literacy.
- A professional and healthy image.
- Energy and resilience.
- A customer-focused, approachable and outgoing personality.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- A passion to create a great tennis learning environment.
- Be living locally or have the desire to settle locally.
Please apply in confidence by submitting your CV with a covering letter to the General Manager at [email protected].
Closing Date: 22nd December 2016