We are looking to recruit a Cook to work in our ever-expanding Club Lounge operation, helping to further develop our menu and prepare our delicious range of meals and snacks. This is a great opportunity to work in a first-class kitchen, with new equipment and a dedicated staff team around you.
Towers Health and Racquets Club opened in Bedford in 2017 and offers tennis, squash, gym, studios, swimming, spa and bar/café, all in a high-quality environment. It is the leading health and racquets club in Bedfordshire.
Location: Bedford, United Kingdom
Contracted terms: Full time or Part time considered.
Salary: Up to £20K FTE (depending on experience) plus profit share bonus.
- Flexible working hours
- Club Towers’ commitment to training & development
- Complimentary club membership
- Discounted club membership rates for immediate family
- 30-33 vacation days pro rata (including bank holidays)
- 3% pension contribution
The role will have a number of key elements, which are to:
- Deliver a relatively simple menu comprising high quality, wholesome food, using fresh produce where practicable.
- Ensure hygiene protocols are followed rigorously, and keep the kitchen thoroughly clean at all times.
- Manage stock levels to minimise stock and wastage whilst ensuring adequate supply.
- Contribute ideas to future menu development and the provision of Daily Specials.
- Establish good relations with the rest of the Club Lounge team to ensure a harmonious working environment.
- Build good rapport with the Club membership to enable them to provide feedback on the food quality and the various menu options.
- Establish good relations with suppliers.
- Follow safe working practices at all times.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate/provide:
- A food hygiene certificate.
- Ideally, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fresh food preparation environment, either as a primary cook or as part of a brigade.
- Good communication skills, organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Be fit/healthy and interested in fitness and healthy living.
- Able to work flexible shifts and provide cover when needed.
- Be living locally, or have the desire to settle locally (30 min maximum commute).
The following would be advantageous for applicants:
- GCSE Maths and English to ‘B’ grade or equivalent.
- Experience working in a hybrid café/bar environment.
Please apply in confidence by submitting your CV with a covering letter to the F&B Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 21st December 2018