We are currently looking to recruit a full-time manager for our Club Lounge operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, this key staff member is in charge of all operations in our Club Lounge. This role will have a number of key elements, such as:
- Staff management – manage the staff team operating both front of house and in the kitchen.
- Financial management – e.g. track the financial performance of the Club Lounge, review pricing on a regular basis, control stock levels, minimise wastage.
- Operational management – implement operational changes to ensure the Club Lounge runs smoothly for the benefit of members.
- Strategy – keep Club Lounge operations under review and propose changes that will drive improvements.
- Work with the kitchen team to develop the menu.
- Manage the supplier base to ensure the Club buys excellent products and services and achieves value for money.
- Ensure that a clean and healthy environment is maintained in the kitchen and Club Lounge, and safe working practices are followed.
The successful candidate must have:
- Three years’ experience in a similar management/supervision role, in a café or hybrid bar/restaurant environment.
- Excellent staff-management skills.
- Experience of food hygiene and health & safety practices.
- A customer-focused, approachable personality.
- Good organisational/admin skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work calmly and well when the Club Lounge is busy.
- Ability to spot problems and deal with them effectively.
- Good IT and numeracy skills.
The following skills or attributes would also be beneficial:
- Experience of kitchen operations.
- A passion for health and fitness.
- A professional and healthy image.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent Grade B.
Club Towers is a premium health & racquets Club located in Bedford, offering our members a wide range of excellent facilities including a high-class gym, three studios, tennis, squash, treatment rooms, swimming pool and spa. Since opening in 2017, we have been highly successful, building a large membership base, and now operating a waiting list for new members.
Our members expect high levels of customer service from our staff team and hence we look to recruit people who are capable of interacting positively with our members to ensure they are well looked after.
Salary and Benefits
This is a 40-hour role comprising a 5-shift working week. The Club is open from 6am in the morning to 23.00 in the evening.
We invest in our staff team, offering regular training, the opportunity to improve key skills and to contribute to the development of each department.
The salary offered will depend on the skills and experience of the candidate. We operate a bonus scheme for all of our staff and a contributory pension scheme. Holidays are initially 30 days pro rata (including bank holidays), rising with length of service, and complimentary Club membership is also offered.
How to Apply
Please send in your c.v. to [email protected], together with a covering email stating why you are applying for this position, and what attributes you think you would bring to the Role and the Club.
Closing date: 31st January 2020